Thinking about paying for college? Where do you start?
- If you have several years before your child attends college, consider a College Savings Plan. Learn more about 529 plans.
- Your student may need a combination of grants, scholarships, work-study programs and loans to pay for college. Begin by searching for scholarships, and you can start here at SunTrust.
- Figure out exactly how much money you'll need. Our financial aid tools can help.
- Find out what's available in federal education loans for students and parents. Through the Federal Direct Student Loan Program (FDSLP) you may qualify for loans that provide attractive repayment terms and rates, regardless of your family's financial need.
- If you can't cover all college expenses through federal student loans, look into private student loan options from SunTrust. We offer the Custom Choice Loan.
- If your student is applying for a private student loan, consider helping as a cosigner. Adding a creditworthy cosigner may help them qualify and also obtain a lower interest rate.
- If you have any type of property, it might make sense to explore other loan options for getting the money you need for tuition.