You could win a $500 scholarship!
For the eleventh consecutive year, SunTrust is pleased to offer the Off To College Scholarship Sweepstakes where students can enter for a chance win a $500 scholarship for education expenses at a 2 or 4 year public or private college/university located in the U.S.
|What:||A total of 30 individual $500 scholarships will be awarded for education expenses. Two winners will be randomly chosen every two weeks throughout the sweepstakes period.|
|Who:||Entrants can be either:
|When:||Two winners are chosen every two weeks from Oct. 30, 2015 - May 13, 2016|
|Details:||Sweepstakes details are:
|Winners:||Click here to see the 2015-2016 winners.|
For your chance to enter, please complete the information below:
* Required fields
2015-2016 SunTrust Off To College Scholarship SweepstakesSM
No Purchase or Obligation Necessary. A purchase or obligation does not improve one's chance of winning.
- To Enter: The Off To College Scholarship Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins on 09/14/2015 and ends 05/13/2016 ("Sweepstakes Period"). To enter, student must complete an online entry form by accessing the SunTrust Education Loans Website page (suntrusteducation.com). Entries are limited to one per person during each drawing period. Entrants can also hand-print their name, address, city, state, zip, day and evening phone number(s), and the words "SunTrust Off To College Scholarship Sweepstakes" on a 3" x 5" card, and mail it in a stamped #10 envelope to: SunTrust Education Loans, ATTN: OTC Scholarship Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 27172, Richmond, VA, 23261-7172. Mail-in entries received by Wednesday at noon will be entered into the next scheduled drawing. Mail-in entries are limited to one submission per name or address, per drawing period. Two winners will be chosen approximately every two weeks from 10/30/15 through 5/13/16. Entries must be received by 05/13/2016 for final drawing at 5p.m. ET on that date. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Entries become the property of the sponsor of the Sweepstakes, SunTrust Bank ("SunTrust" or "Sponsor") and will not be returned.
- Eligibility: Entrants must have a permanent address in one of the following states: AL, AR, GA, FL, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV or the District of Columbia (DC). To be eligible to apply, entrants must either be high school seniors during the 2015-2016 school year or current undergraduate college students who are planning to enroll in the Fall of 2016 in a U.S. Department of Education Title IV eligible, 2 or 4 year public or private college or university. The college or university must be located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (DC). Entrants must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident and at least 13 years of age. It is free to enter the Sweepstakes and eligibility is not based on GPA or financial need. Employees of SunTrust Banks Inc., their respective member financial institutions and advertising and promotion agencies of SunTrust Banks, Inc., including ByteJam, and each of their respective parents, related, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children and siblings, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. All information provided by Eligible Entrants may be verified.
- Drawings: On or about 10/30/2015, 11/13/2015, 11/27/2015, 12/11/2015, 12/28/2015, 1/8/2016, 1/22/2016, 2/5/2016, 2/19/2016, 3/4/2016, 3/18/2016, 4/1/2016, 4/15/2016, 4/29/2016, and 5/13/2016 a random drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted under the direction of ByteJam (company contracted by SunTrust for website development). Entries will be based on date of entry for the applicable drawing and are limited to one per person, per drawing period. If a student does not win, they may enter the sweepstakes again after each drawing. Scholarship entries not selected on each designated drawing date will not automatically be included in subsequent scholarship drawings (i.e. entries do not carry over to the next drawing).
- Odds: The winner of each drawing will receive a $500 scholarship. There will be a total of 30 winners. Estimated odds of winning, based on the prior year's results, ranged from approximately 1 in 2,221 to 1 in 8,237, varying according to the number of entries received for each drawing. Actual odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received prior to each of the 15 drawing dates. Each eligible entry will have an equal chance of winning.
- Prize Restrictions: The prize is not transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize (or portion of prize) permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses relating to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified are the responsibility of the winner. The scholarship check will be made payable to the college or university in which the winner has successfully enrolled, and the check will be mailed to the office designated by the institution of higher education. Scholarship funds must be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for study. If any prize notification letter is returned to the Sponsor or its designated agent as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. If Sponsor is unable to verify by July 15, 2016, that the winner is successfully enrolled or been accepted in an eligible institution, as defined in Section 2, in the Fall of 2016, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be chosen.
- Prize Notification: Potential winners will be sent a notification letter (by U.S. Mail or Federal Express) sent to the address on the winner's entry form, approximately one week after each of the 15 drawings.. Verification of school registration at an eligible school, as defined in Section 2, will be required to claim prize. Winners will be required to complete, sign and return, to SunTrust, an "Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release" and, where legal, Publicity Release. In the event of noncompliance with the Official Rules, or if the prize or prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. If the prize is not claimed within 30 days of the date of the first notification letter, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winners' names will be posted on the SunTrust Education Loans website.
- Additional Terms: By participating, entrants agree to: a.) the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; and b.) release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless SunTrust Banks Inc., their respective Member financial institutions, and the advertising and promotion agencies, including ByteJam and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and the respective officers, directors, agents and employees of the aforementioned entities (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability, claims, or damages arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to, where legal, Sponsor's and its designees' use of his/her name and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known without compensation and, upon request, will provide consent to such use in writing. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, participant agrees that a.) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b.) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c.) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney's fees.
- Limitation of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for printing, typographical, human or other errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail or entries; or for transactions that are processed late or incorrectly, or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or human error. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes and award the prize from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to action taken if fraud or technical failures or other events compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Sweepstakes is governed by laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia for the resolution of all claims and disputes.
- Winner's Name: Upon receipt of an "Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release", the winners' names will also be posted on suntrusteducation.com.
This Sweepstakes is Sponsored by SunTrust Banks, Inc., SunTrust Education Loans, P. O. Box 27172, Richmond, VA 23261-7172 and administered by ByteJam, P.O. Box 42097 Richmond, VA, 23224. If you received information about this sweepstakes directly by mail and you do not want to receive any future mailings about this sweepstakes from SunTrust, write to us at SunTrust Education Loans, ATTN: OTC Scholarship Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 27172, Richmond, VA 23261-7172.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Rev. August, 2015.
Scholarship Sweepstakes available from SunTrust Bank. Certain restrictions and limitations may apply. SunTrust Bank reserves the right to change or discontinue these programs without notice.