2013-2014 Off to College Scholarship Sweepstakes
Our Ninth Consecutive Year offering this Sweepstakes!
|What:||Students can enter to win 15 separate drawings for a $1,000 scholarship for education expenses.|
|Who:||Entrants can be either:
|When:||One winner is chosen every two weeks from Oct. 25, 2013 - May 9, 2014|
|Details:||Sweepstakes details are:
For your chance to enter, please complete the information below:
2013-2014 SunTrust Off To College Scholarship Sweepstakes
No Purchase or Obligation Necessary. A purchase or obligation does not improve one's chance of winning.
- To Enter: The Off To College Scholarship Sweepstakes begins on 9/16/13 and ends 5/9/14 ("Sweepstakes Period"). To enter, student must complete an online entry form by accessing the SunTrust Education Loans Web site page (suntrusteducation.com). Entries are limited to one per person during each drawing period. Or, entrants can hand-print their name, date of birth, address, city, state, zip, day and evening phone numbers, and the words "SunTrust Off To College Scholarship Sweepstakes" on a 3"x 5"card, and mail it in a stamped #10 envelope to: SunTrust Off To College Scholarship Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 27172, Richmond, VA, 23261-7172. Mail-in entries will be entered into the applicable drawings based upon the date the entry is received. Alternate entries are limited to one submission per name or address, per drawing period. One winner will be chosen every two weeks from October 25, 2013 through May 9, 2014. Entries must be received by 05/9/14 for final drawing at 5 p.m. ET on that date. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Entries become the property of SunTrust Education Loans and will not be returned.
- Eligibility: Winners must have a permanent address in one of the following states: AL, AR, GA, FL, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV and the District of Columbia (DC). Entrants who are either a high school senior during the 2013-2014 school year, or a current undergraduate college student who is planning to enroll in the Fall of 2014 in a U.S. Department of Education Title IV eligible, 2 or 4 year public or private college or university, are eligible to apply. The college or university must be located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (DC). Entrants must be at least 13 years of age. It is free to enter and eligibility is not based on GPA or financial need. Employees of SunTrust Banks Inc., their respective Member financial institutions and advertising and promotion agencies of SunTrust Banks, Inc., including ByteJam, and each of their respective parents, related, subsidiary and affiliated companies and their immediate family members (spouse, and parents, children and siblings, regardless of where they live) and persons living in the households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Drawings: On or about 10/25/2013, 11/8/2013, 11/22/2013, 12/6/2013, 12/20/2013, 1/3/2014, 1/17/2014, 1/31/2014, 2/14/2014, 2/28/2014, 3/14/2014, 3/28/2014, 4/11/2014, 4/25/2014, and 5/9/2014 a random drawing from among all eligible entries received will be conducted under the direction of ByteJam (contracted interactive development company). Entries will be based on date of entry for the applicable drawing and are limited to one per person, per drawing period. If a student does not win, they may enter the sweepstakes again after each drawing. Scholarship entries not selected on each designated drawing date will not automatically be included in subsequent scholarship drawings (i.e. entries do not carry over to the next drawing.)
- Odds: The winner of each drawing will receive a $1,000 scholarship. There will be a total of 15 winners. Actual odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received prior to each of the 15 drawing dates. Each eligible entry will have an equal chance of winning.
- Prize Restrictions: The prize is not transferable. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize (or portion of prize) permitted except at the sole discretion of sponsor. Federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses relating to the acceptance and use of the prize not specified are the responsibility of the winner. The scholarship check will be payable to the institution of higher learning (i.e. college or university) in which the winner has successfully enrolled, and the check will be mailed to the office designated by the institution of higher education. Scholarships funds must be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for study. If any prize notification letter is returned to the Sponsor or its designated agent as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. If Sponsor is unable to verify that the winner is successfully enrolled in an approved institution in the Fall of 2014, then the prize will be forfeited. All information provided by Eligible Entrants will be verified.
- Prize Notification: Potential winners will be sent a notification letter by U.S. Mail or Federal Express sent to the address on the winner's entry form, approximately one week after each of the 15 drawings. Instructions will be provided on confirmation of the scholarship award with their identified school. Verification of school registration will be required to claim prize. Winners may be required to provide picture identification and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, Publicity Release. In the event of noncompliance with the Official Rules, or if the prize or prize notification is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. If the prize is not claimed within 30 days of the date of the first notification letter, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Winners' names will be posted on the SunTrust Education Loans Web site.
- Additional Terms: By participating, entrants agree to: a.) The Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; and b.) release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless SunTrust Banks Inc., their respective Member financial institutions, and the advertising and promotion agencies, including ByteJam and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and the respective officers, directors, agents and employees of the aforementioned entities (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability, claims, or damages arising out of their participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to, where legal, Sponsor's and its designees' use of his/her name and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known without compensation and, upon request, will provide consent to such use in writing. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, participant agrees that a.) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; b.) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and c.) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney's fees.
- Limitation of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for printing, typographical, human or other errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail or entries; or for transactions that are processed late or incorrectly, or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or human error. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Sweepstakes and award the prize from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to action taken if fraud or technical failures or other events compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Sweepstakes is governed by laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia for the resolution of all claims and disputes.
- Winner's Name: For the names of the winners, available after each drawing, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: SunTrust Off-To-College Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 27172, Richmond, VA, 23261-7172. The winners' names will also be posted on suntrusteducation.com.
This Sweepstakes is Sponsored by SunTrust Banks, Inc., SunTrust Education Loans, 1001 Semmes Avenue, Richmond, VA 23224 and administered by ByteJam, P.O. Box 42097 Richmond, VA, 23224.
CONSUMER DISCLOSURE: NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Rev, July, 2013.